The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times-News. To list an event, email the Sports Department at email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the Sports Department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
* THE COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS are seeking coaches for the 8-under and 10-under age groups. If are interested, contact Reid Osborne at (423) 956-4639 or Richard Frasier at (423) 384-8884.
* BPA BATTLE ON THE HOLSTON baseball tournament, for ages 8-under through 14-under, is Aug. 29-30 at Domtar Park, Kingsport. Call Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* SELECT BASEBALL WILL HAVE tryouts for 11-under and 12-under on Saturday, Aug. 29 and Sept. 12. Tryouts will be held at 644 Woodlawn St. in Sullivan Gardens off Lonestar Road. Call Brent Davis at (423) 967-5492, Todd Stevens at (423) 782-0952 or Phil Osboure at (276) 608-9434 for more information.
* VOLUNTEER FALCONS 12-UNDER baseball team will hold tryouts for the 2016 season at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 13 at McPheeters Bend Elementary School. For more information, call Jeff Gray at (423) 863-5518 or Brad Riner at (423) 723-9730.
* MILLIGAN COLLEGE MEN’S AND WOMEN’S basketball clinics at V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex on Sept. 19.The clinics are for girls and boys ages 6-18. The girls’ clinic is from 9 a.m. to noon followed by the boys’ clinic from 1-3 p.m. Cost is $10 per player. For more information, call (423) 224-2489 or email ReneeEnsor@Kingsporttn.gov.
* TNT SPORTSPLEX HOOPSTERS, introductory classes for young kids. A small basketball is used and goals are lowered to better accommodate shooting ability. Classes last 50 minutes and are limited to eight participants. JV class consists of 3- and 4-year-old boys and girls and the V class consists of 5- and 6-year-old boys and girls. Visit www.tntsportsplex.com for details.
* SIGNUPS FOR SHOOTING STARS/YMCA 13th annual 3-on-3 youth basketball league, for boys and girls grades 4-12, run through September. Entry fee is $150 per team. Games played weekends only at Science Hill in Johnson City. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com for more information.
* INDIAN BASKETBALL LEAGUE is an elementary fall basketball league for boys and girls grades 2-6 hosted by Dobyns-Bennett. The league will be conducted by the D-B staff with a focus on fundamentals. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up registration forms at the D-B activities office. Forms also may be accessed through the D-B boys basketball website.
* EAST TENNESSEE STORM sixth-grade boys travel basketball tryouts are underway. Call (423) 833-8431 for more information.
* CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, on Saturday, Sept. 12. The event is sponsored by VFW Post 9754, Buffalo Springs Fish Hatchery, CASVA Angus Farm and Food City. Children ages 4-16 can participate. Age divisions are 4-7, 8-11 and 12-16. Event will be held at Jaycees Park in Church Hill from 8:30-10 a.m. Register at Church Hill City Hall or at Jaycees Park before 8:30 a.m. on the day of the event. For more information, call (423) 357-7010.
* CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department will start conditioning for football July 20 from 6:30-8 p.m. at Church Hill Elementary School fields. Conditioning will be held every Monday and Thursday. All players ages 6-12 are welcome to attend. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
* CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department has extended its registration for football to Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 5 p.m. Register at Church Hill City Hall or online at www.churchhilltn.gov. The age brackets for football are 6-8 and 9-12. The fee for football is $40 for city residents and $50 for non-city residents. To be eligible to play, the child must turn 6 before Sept. 30, 2015, and must not turn 13 before Sept. 30, 2015, or be in the seventh grade. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
* COMMUNITY CARES INVITATIONAL golf tournament, Sunday, Sept. 20 at Graysburg Hills in Chuckey. Event is hosted by Company Noise and benefits Help Our Potential Evolve (HOPE). Format is four-person select shot with an entry fee of $100 per player ($75 if registered by Sept. 6). Sign up at www.companynoise.com.
* WELLMONT HEALTH SYSTEM IS offering sports physicals for area student-athletes. Athletes can receive their physicals at Wellmont Urgent Care locations in Kingsport, Bristol and Johnson City in Tennessee and Abingdon and Lebanon in Virginia. Another option is the Wellmont Medical Associates extended hours clinic in Norton, Va. No appointment is necessary. The urgent care facilities are open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. weekends. The extended hours clinic is open 8 a.m.-8 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays and 1-6 p.m. Sundays. The cost is $25 until Monday, Aug. 31.
* YWCA TURKEY TROT conditioning program, Sept. 21 to Nov. 14. An eight-week training program for the 35th annual Women’s Turkey Trot and Gobbler’s Gait 5K run/walk. The conditioning program is free for YW Fitness Spa members and $80 for non-members. For more information, call (423) 968-9444.
* 36TH ANNUAL EASTMAN ROAD RACE, Sept. 12. Food City 10K Run, 8 a.m., Day & Zimmermann 2-Mile Run, 9:30 a.m. BlueCross/BlueShieldofTennessee 2-Mile Fitness Walk, 10:15 a.m. Registration cost if $10 prior to Sept. 4 and $20 after. No race day registration will be available. For more info or to register online visit www.eastmanroadrace.com.
* BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, 15-mile trail race, Saturday, Sept. 26, 8 a.m., Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. Trail Runner Trophy Series; SFTC Long Distance Series; SFTC Trail Series Competition; SFTC King & Queen Competition; SFTC 2012 & 2009 Shirt of the Year Award; SFTC 2014, 2011 & 2008 Race of the Year Award; RRCA Tennessee State Cross Country Championship. For more information, contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 (office), email email@example.com or visit www.MarkSkeltonLawOffice.com.
* VIBE 5 STARS & STRIDES, Saturday, Oct. 17 at Warriors Path State Park at 7:45 p.m. Proceeds to benefit the Dobyns-Bennett Quarterback Club and local veterans. Visit www.vibe5k.com for more information. Use code DBQCS and save $5 on entry fee.
* CARSON-NEWMAN IS HOSTING several winter soccer camps at its Jefferson City campus. An eight-session fall/winter skills camp, for players 6-12, will be held Nov. 9, 13, 16, 20, 23 and 30 and Dec. 4 and 7; fee is $100. Two winter ID camps, designed for high school players making the leap to the college level, are set for Jan. 30 (women) and Feb. 6 (men); cost is $60 each. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 471-3520.
* CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department will start conditioning for outdoor soccer July 20 from 6:30-8 p.m. at Church Hill Elementary School fields. Conditioning will be held every Monday and Thursday. All players ages 7-13 are welcome to attend. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
* FC DALLAS TRI COMPETITIVE PROGRAMS in Kingsport, Johnson City and Bristol are now accepting registrations. Play also includes the new Tri-Cities League. Learn more at FCDallasTri.org.
* CHURCH HILL-MOUNT CARMEL-SURGOINSVILLE Recreation Department has extended its registration for outdoor soccer to Wednesday, Aug. 26 at 5 p.m. Register at Church Hill City Hall or online at www.churchhilltn.gov. The brackets for outdoor soccer are ages 7-9 and 10-13. The fee is $20 for city residents and $30 for non-city residents. To be eligible to play, the child must turn 7 before Sept. 30, 2015, and must not turn 14 before Sept. 30, 2015. Call (423) 357-7010 with any questions.
* KINGSPORT PARKS & REC FALL TENNIS CLINICS at V.O. Dobbins, Sr. Complex. Six-week session starting Sept. 14. Monday/Wednesdays, 4 p.m. (ages 6-8), 5 p.m. (ages 9-12). Tuesdays, 5-6:30 p.m. (ages 13-16. Entry fee is $60 per child. Registration by appointment only. Call (423) 224-2489 or email email@example.com.
* AL WILKES TENNIS CLINICS, for boys or girls, ages 5-18. Contact Coach Wilkes at (423) 930-7478 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* USTA LEAGUE DOUBLES TENNIS TEAM registration. Anyone interested in joining a team for USTA Mountain Empire Tennis Association (META) Tennis League mixed doubles or combo doubles, contact Local League Coordinator Val Callahan at email@example.com or (484) 868-2250 (call or text). The State League Championship is Aug. 28-30 in Nashville. Combo doubles is scheduled for Sept. 2-27. The State League Championships are in October in Murfreesboro and Knoxville. Team registration in USTA TennisLink is free for captains. There is a team for everyone. For more information, visit www.meta-web.org or META — Mountain Empire Tennis Association on Facebook.
* META OF THE TRI-CITIES AND SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA is sponsoring Adult Social Tennis in Johnson City at the Liberty Bell Courts on Tuesday evenings and in Kingsport at the Dobyns-Bennett High School Courts on Monday evenings, 6-8:30 p.m. The site coordinator assigns persons and courts for eight games then reassigns. For more information, call (423) 388-0076.
* CHAC REBEL WRESTLING will be interviewing for the position of head coach and assistant coaches for one of the premier AAU programs in the Tri-Cities. Individuals with wrestling experience are encouraged to email Lewis Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org or call coach Doug Badon at (423) \335-3045 for further information. The club practices three nights a week from October to early March. A coaching stipend may be available based upon experience.comments powered by Disqus